Reggae RAF, Reggae Geel, Esperanzah, Nandrin, Celtic Folk, ... more gathering for your souls. More Peace, More Music (and a bit more sun please). + the complete list of the European festivals we suggest. Camping is the key!
- Reggae Afro Festival 2005:
Friday 13, Sat 14, Sun 15 August ... in a real abbay!
Between Charleroi & Namur.
Some international artists & upcoming Belgian and French names.
Camping and market.
With: Abbey Sound, Blakkahill Sound, Ionyouth Sound + concerts by Mongozo, Pretchel Dave, Planete Bleue, Extinguish, Original Barbershop, Skamura Munchies, John Chris, Surinam Control, Narayana, Root'System, and the Moonraisers
3 days = 25 € ::: Sunday only = 15 €
Website: Reggae Afro Festival 2005.
- Reggae Geel 2005:
Friday 5 & Saturday 6 August 2005... open air area near Zandstraat, outside the city of Geel (E313).
Camping and accomodations... rasta & hippie atmosphere. 15.000 ppl
Line-up features many Jamaican names: Skatroniks, Bob Andy, Gentleman, Cecile, T.O.K., The I-Threes (!!! Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths & Judy Mowatt backed by Jah Messenger Band featuring Dean Frasier), 18" Corner, Jah Youth (full set), King Shiloh (full set), Jah Shaka (Shiloh set), Selvie Wonder & Lion I, Bass Culture, Bong Productions, Boom a Ranks, Far West Crew, Kings of Swing, Skylarking, and more!
Website: Reggae Geel 2005.
- Dance Valley 2005:
Friday 5 & Saturday 6 August 2005... massive electrnic dance festival on an open air area near Velsen (Amsterdam).
Carl Cox, Derrick May, Deep Dish, Erick Pridz, Lisa Lashes, Agoria, Tiefschwarz, Infected Mushroom,... + 140 deejays from all over the world.
Website: DanceValley 2005.
- Esperanzah 2005:
Friday 5 & Saturday 6 August 2005... world & folk festival in a college/abbey + world-market & food, mostly open air near Floreffe (Namur).
Actually this festival is one of its kind, presenting a very hippie-like atmosphere with a very open list of artists. The complete line-up is in the Noctis Agenda: 5 and 6 August 2005.
A big folk-hippie festival stood on the same location in 1976, 77 and 79... "Le Temps Des Cerises".
Website: Esperanzah 2005.
- Nandrin 2005:
nearby Liège... 5, 6 & 7 August 2005
Line-up features among others: Babylon circus, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, Orishas, Ozark Henry, Vaya Con Dios, Buscemi, Hollywood Porn Stars, Joe Cocker, Alter Ego, Anthony Rother, Rinocerose, 69ers, ...
Website: Nandrin 2005
- Celtic Folk Festival:
12, 13, 14 August 2005 in the city of Ham, not far from Leuven
Line-up features: Mike Marriott, Paco Diatta (Senegal), Daraduna trio, Touche de Beauté, Ballroom Quartet, Julie Murphy (UK), Naragonia, Loubistok (Ukraine), Minuit Guibolles (Fr), ...
Website: Celtic Folk Festival
Le Temps des Pommes
Sat. 10 September 2005 in Blanmont (Brabant). 15 €, free for kids younger than 12.
with plenty of festive Folk concerts, street theatre, local food, peaceful atmosphere and apples everywhere. Until 1 or 2 am.
Le Temps des Pommes
Also, and that's just a list of what we wish you to see, in Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy and Spain:
* Nyon festival. July in Switzerland.
* Feesten in't Park
* Eurockéennes de Belfort
* Astropolis festival (big and great) in Brest (Fr)
* Impulsives festival in the Médoc (Fr)
* Splash in Marseille
* Electronik'Art Festival in Nanterre (Fr)
* Elektrophonie (Nuit Bleue) in Franche-Comté (Fr)
* Ja'Sound in Bagnols-sur-Cèze (Fr)
* Electromind in Montpellier (Fr)
* Printemps de Bourges (more and more electronic) (Fr)
* Transmusicales de Rennes (not that great since 3 years) (Fr)
* FICA festival in Spain at Villanueva de la Serena
* Sonar festival in Barcelona
* Benicassim festival in Spain
* Rototom Sunsplash in Italy (Reggae)
* Solidays in Paris (Reggae)
* Summerjam Reggae in Cologne/Köln
* Francofolies de La Rochelle (following best or worse years)
* Jazz festival in Vienne, in Southern-France
* Reggae Geel (access by E313)
* Reggae Sunjam in Eindhoven
* Chiemsee Reggae Summer in Germany
* Splash Reggae in Germany
* Antilliaanse Feesten of course
* Gentse Feesten (crowdy and free)
* festival d'Avignon (750 theatre shows per day, mostly Frenchspeaking. from cheap to expensive)
* Fringe Festival (300 theatre shows per day, all in English) in Edimburg
* Lyric Opera festival in Arles (expensive)
* Les Pierres Levées in France
* les Vieilles Charrues in France
* les Fest Noz en Bretagne (traditionnal)
* Celtic-Folk festival nearby Leuven
* and some told us also about the Temps des Pommes in Wallonia.